P.P.E. - PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
We are pleased to share that Iconthin Biotech Corp. has received a Medical Device Establishment License (MDEL) from Health Canada, a required license for all companies importing and selling medical devices in Canada. Acquiring this license allows us to import personal protective equipment for Canadian health networks. This is another step towards success for fight COVID-19 together.
We are aiming to help more health care settings to import safe, effective & high-quality PPE. If you or anyone you know has any needs please let us know. We are intending to find the best suitable cost-efficient PPEs to support local community to fight COVID-19 together.
We have been contacted by hundreds of people recently regarding face masks and we are here to answer your questions. We will update this list daily to keep you posted with the latest information.
1. Are the masks sold by Iconthin properly made? How can this be confirmed?
- Due to the rapid spreading of the virus, there is a huge increase on demand for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks. The face mask manufacturers registered under Health Canada are overloaded to produce high-standard, third-party verified surgical masks for frontline healthcare workers. We offer both medical-grade and civilian level face masks. We do our due diligence to check the quality of face masks and make sure they are fluid resistant and contains the meltblown filter. The surgical mask EN14683 Type IIR with splash resistance is suitable for the frontline healthcare workers.
2. Can I wear my DIY cloth mask or scarf? They are thicker than a mask.
- Here is why your DIY mask not safe. A surgical/procedural/medical mask is effective because it contains two critical layers. 1. The most outward layer (blue) is made of non-woven material that is water-proof. It is fluid-resistant and keeps droplets away. 2. The middle layer (white) is a high-performance, non-woven sheet made of special ultra-fine polypropylene fibers (aka meltblown fabric) that is used to filter out tiny things, even less than 0.1 microns.
3. Why is the price so high? Is this price-gouging? A box of 50 masks used to be $12-15.
- We hear you and we fully understand the situation. We are not searching every corner of the shelf from national chain store and resell them online. That is disgusting, by the way. We are introducing price competition in the market by importing masks directly from manufactures in China and hopefully it can flatten the sudden demand curve. The increased price is due to the significantly increased cost on raw material and shipping (reduced flights). We have compared over 21 manufactures to get the most reasonable price and only by ordering at large quantity. If you are not performing essential business and don't need the masks urgently, you don't have to order them now. The cost might drop in the future and we will reflect that on our price as well.
4. What types of PPEs do you offer?
- Currently, we offer the following items:
Medical Disposable masks - EN14683 Type IIR (ASTM Level 2)
Non-medical Disposable Face Masks (50 pcs/box)
KN95 (EN149:2001+A1:2009) - meets FFP2 Standard
Medical Non-contact IR Digital Thermometer
Medical Isolation gown - ANSI PB70 Class 4 (ISO 16603 Class 6)
If you'd like to discuss more of your needs, please let us know.
Wholesale PPEs Inquiry
Understand Mask Levels
Wearing a civil level disposable face mask (ASTM level 1 equivalent) does not compete with the surgical masks or N95 for frontline healthcare workers but it helps on preventing the virus spread.
it is important
How to Use It
If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly. Besides, masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.